BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to move from my e46 to an e92. I found a couple; one is CPO and the other is from a private seller. Can I take the one from the private seller to have it certified and if so, would it be worth it?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think if you pay for it they can...not sure though. get out your phone book and call your local(s) BMW dealers and ask them.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
You may be able to get a dealer to make it a CPO, however, be prepared to pay for it, probably around $1500+??

May also be required to replace tires, brakes and other things even if they have usable life left in them as the CPO program has some minimum requirements the car has to meet.

Do not get turned of if the first dealer says no. You may need to try a few dealers before you get a proper answer??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no doubt that I will have to pay if it's possible. The cost/worth analysis is still TBD.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ That makes me second guess getting the e92.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
There would be no incentive for BMW to CPO a car that you have already bought.

The whole reason they offer CPO cars is to incite people to buy them. You already own it therefore they aren't going to do it.

Also there are many criteria that a CPO car must pass before being entered into the program. I doubt a used car bought privately would be eligible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts