BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of maintenance should I leave out if I have cpo limited warranty to 100,000 miles.

Shouldn't I let non-upkeep items brake down and have them replaced by bmw? like Water pump?

Currently 04 330i zhp with 52,000 miles.
Maintenance coverage expired.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Generally, when something breaks, it either breaks other parts along with it, or weakens them.

I am sorry, but this has got to be the stupidest threads ever. Let things break so warranty replaces them instead of just maintaining the damn thing?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yeah I want to maintain as little as possible. What's wrong with that, if it's covered?
You dont think a car is a sort of puzzle made out of many many elements? Failure of one part will weaken another, depends how long you want to keep the car but what happens when the warranty runs out? Then you will pay dearly for your "savings".

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Seriously it's a good question. I am currently not hurrying to change my water pump, as it's on them if it goes. It's not strictly a maintenance item according to BMW.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Seriously it's a good question. I am currently not hurrying to change my water pump, as it's on them if it goes. It's not strictly a maintenance item according to BMW.
See you in a "my car overheated" thread soon if you are waiting for it to fail. :hi:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Well, I do plan on changing it but I am not hurrying to do so. They recently changed my thermostat & tensioner/idle pulley...I am planning on doing the expansion tank/water pump myself soon enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts