BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
F22C1
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno:
is this normal for the end of the passenger blade to be off the window? was cleaning ice off of windshield and wasn't sure

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
yeah, that doens't look normal to me.

·
F22C1
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mc said:
nah man....that sh*t's frozen.....
thanks for the quick response
well..i cleaned all the ice off the blade.
does this mean i have to get it replaced?:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
265 Posts
my service dude at Inskip motors (Warwick, RI) hooked me up with new wipers last time and I didn't even need them. If your service person is cool, they should give you stuff like this for free. All they really want is the good review so they get more money and stuff.

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,648 Posts
don't pour warm water, it might crack you windshield?

I don't know, I'm from hawaii and cali, so no ice issues for the most part. lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
mine did the same, not as bad as your wipers. I haven't done anything about it just yet, but I am assuming that it will fix itself.

·
F22C1
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update:

just fixed it myself. i bent the wiper arm(not the blade) a little. when i mean a little you cannot physically see the difference but now its lying flat. guess it got deformed from all the heavy snow or ice.:dunno:

·
Registered
484 Posts
hmmm.. so actually the arm (metal piece) was bent? hmmmm i'll have to play around with that if i can, mine's not as bad as yours was, but still not something i want

·
F22C1
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phil02E46 said:
hmmm.. so actually the arm (metal piece) was bent? hmmmm i'll have to play around with that if i can, mine's not as bad as yours was, but still not something i want
i suppose very slightly. visually you cannot tell it was bent. when i was bending the wiper arm, it looked the same as before i was trying to bend it. its not like you actually bend the wiper arm. im gonna post pics of what i mean

·
F22C1
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hold RED 1(mid wiper arm) up while gently pushing down on RED 2(end of wiper arm)
the problem was that YELLOW 3 was touching the wiper arm preventing YELLOW 4 from touching window.
when you make a small clearance between the YELLOW 3 and RED 1(wiper arm) then it will rest on the windshield properly
be gentle:tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts