E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just want to remove my front coupe seats. Can someone tell me how I should start? Should I remove the seats only or can I remove the seats + rails all at once?

I have manual heated seats. Please let me know if there is anything I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance for helping me out here! :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The seat and rails can be removed together. All I simply did on my 325 was remove the fours bolts (one on each corner of the rails) and the seat can be lifted out...you may need to remove the black polastic caps the cover the bolts. With the cold weather package, there may need to disconnect the electrical lead(s) prior to lifting the seat out.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I have heated seats so I guess I will have to disconnect the cord too!

Just wondering if anyone know if the rails for electric seats and manual seats are the same. And would the cord for powering the heat be the same for electric seats.

As you may have noticed, I am planning to get electric seats to replace my manual...

I can't stand the uncomfortable standard seats anymore! I need the sport seats!

·
Registered
361 Posts
:bump:

Same here. My '01 coupe has the power seats; I'd really like to upgrade to the heated sport seats. Has anyone done this? Swapping the seats should probably be easy; what about the console button(s) for heat? And how much could I expect to pay for those seats? TIA!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would like to know too... I don't care too much about heated seats because I think it might be difficult to add the buttons... do all sport seats come with heated functions? :bump:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts