E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if there is already a thread on this, I'm a nooby who lacks time!

recently i took off my 318ci door panels off since they had several clips broken,
bought some from ebay, and now the front bottom part keeps on snapping off and rattles a lot while driving (pissing me).

I recon there are 2 sizes of clips from realoem. 16 clips + 6 clips of a different part no. = 22 (11 clips on each panel = 22).

do someone know the location of these "different" clips?

I have some e36 left-over clips from my old ti. recon I can try those, but would wanna hear your opinion before i start crackin more clips :bump:

cheers folks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
I'm confused. You found the clips in RealOEM, but there is nothing to show you which holes the clips go into?

The clips are shown as Item X and Item Y (whatever), and the QTY column says that you need 6 of one and 5 of the other, and the index points to the different places. Not all of the different places, but you will see that one type goes in a relative location, and another type goes is a different relative location, and you should be able to tell by the locations which type of clip goes into the remaining holes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes those are the clips i have bought (incl, washers), still it popps out :facepalm:

Clip with sealing ring NATUR 16 51418224768
Clip with sealing ring GRAU 6 51418224781

those are the results i got from realoem. and as i searched ebay, the two different part nos are of different length.

this weekending i will trial and error the bigger clips and will keep you folks updated!

:bow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could you kindly supply me with the url link to where you found the 6 clips and 5 of the other type please? the 1 I found was 16 of a type, and 6 of another, which means 8 and 3 per door card.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so I tried the different clips, placed 2 of em where the card kept on popping out, still popping as i close the door. maybe the card itself is no good?:banghead:

Guess I should opt to the window foam sealer option then...

cheers guys :bow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my problem isn't removing the door card mate. problem is that it keeps on popping out as i close the door, therefore rattles while driving :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
my problem isn't removing the door card mate. problem is that it keeps on popping out as i close the door, therefore rattles while driving :banghead:
It means something is not seated properly. the clips I posted above are the correct ones. Did you put back the 3x T25 screws? they bolt to plastic so be careful how much you torque them

·
Banned
2,300 Posts
Yeah, so look to see if something is between the card or try some different clips or jesus why am I holding your hand for something so basic? Do you really need help to snap a damn door card back in place properly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts