BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be my first mod to my 2005 325xi and I could use any tips or suggestions you guys have. I started by getting some new 18s with 225/40/18 tires. Then I ordered some H&R sport springs. After doing some research it looks like I should get some new shocks as well since my car does have about 70k on it. I would really like to do this job myself for experience. from what I read It shouldn't be too bad. Does anyone have a suggestion of what kind of shocks I should get? And other things I might want to take into consideration before I get started. Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently upgraded the suspension on my sedan with the H&R sport springs. I got the BMW oem performance suspension kit (shocks, struts, control arms, front sway bar, etc.). It can be had for cheap, but I don't think it's available for the xi. You may want to look at Bilstein sport shocks. I've never owned them but have heard good things.
FYI, while you're at it, you may want to replace the FCABs as well. Mine were shot. You'll also need a rear shock install kit and front strut mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts