E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
They nicked one rim, put a 245 on a 7.5 and a 225 on an 8.5, and then put them all on the wrong corners of the car. I made them redo it and got the whole deal for free though, so I can't complain too much.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
this was out in Cali, by the way... I'm sure each place is different.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i've never had a problem with them at all. in fact, that's the only place i go to for tires. 90% of the time, they're cheaper then tirerack. for tirerack you have to remember shipping cost and installing costs aren't included.

·
Registered
218 Posts
DrMooCow said:
i've never had a problem with them at all. in fact, that's the only place i go to for tires. 90% of the time, they're cheaper then tirerack. for tirerack you have to remember shipping cost and installing costs aren't included.
I have to seond that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the same comparison to tire rack and found out that costco was indeed cheaper. (there is an $80 incentive for bridgestones right now) However today i talked at length with an extremely knowledgeable mechanic and BMW driver at carmax, and he noted that the way a tire is stored is very important to its health. If tires are stacked on top of eachother for a long time, their properties will be adversely affected. Also, discound tires tend to be stored for longer amounts of time than tires from specialty stores, such as tirerack. He recommended against costco for these reasons, assuming that a discount retailer holds inventory for longer periods of time. SO can any of you say how old your tires were when they were installed? it is the number XX XX (week of year...year) on the tire. there are some letters before the number but I forget them.
thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
tomalexm said:
I did the same comparison to tire rack and found out that costco was indeed cheaper. (there is an $80 incentive for bridgestones right now) However today i talked at length with an extremely knowledgeable mechanic and BMW driver at carmax, and he noted that the way a tire is stored is very important to its health. If tires are stacked on top of eachother for a long time, their properties will be adversely affected. Also, discound tires tend to be stored for longer amounts of time than tires from specialty stores, such as tirerack. He recommended against costco for these reasons, assuming that a discount retailer holds inventory for longer periods of time. SO can any of you say how old your tires were when they were installed? it is the number XX XX (week of year...year) on the tire. there are some letters before the number but I forget them.
thanks
costco does not stack ! they have mounts on there walls, usually little tire shops do the stacking, so yeah take that as a note. costco does not stack

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
costco stacks

i just went to costco and they def stack i saw with my very own eyes in MD at least. and who knows if they stack at their distribution centers where they keep the good tires like the S03's they are not stocked at my location

·
Registered
748 Posts
tomalexm said:
i just went to costco and they def stack i saw with my very own eyes in MD at least. and who knows if they stack at their distribution centers where they keep the good tires like the S03's they are not stocked at my location
Yeah, I've been in their tire shop many times and they are stacked to save room. Sometimes stacked up to 8++ ft high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.