BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to zactastic i came across a company based in VA. Great looking intake with an INSANE price! Beside they give free shipping and discounts to CCA and bimmerforum members! :4ngie: I am not a bimmerforum member but i am a CCA member. Word is these intakes are great. Awesome sound, with great response through out the power band ( like most anyway ) I just wanted to pass this along to those looking for a great intake witha hell of a price tag!!!! :excited: if any of you out there have this intake i would really like some feedback, pics or even a sound clip!

cosmosracing.com

NOT

cosmoracing.com >>>different company but ppl confuse them cause of the S

MAD props to zatastic!!! :str8pimpi

Cesar :craig:

:hi:

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I just installed it on my car a few weeks ago,(had a gruppem replica intake) and I love the cosmosracing. Very cheap and sounds great. Intakes don't really give our cars a huge response in the power band but I am happy with mine, and like it a lot more then the gruppem rep. Sound clip would throw you off some since I Have headers/exhaust/intake, but where in DC are you, im up in Baltimore.

·
Banned
9,387 Posts
I just installed it on my car a few weeks ago,(had a gruppem replica intake) and I love the cosmosracing. Very cheap and sounds great. Intakes don't really give our cars a huge response in the power band but I am happy with mine, and like it a lot more then the gruppem rep. Sound clip would throw you off some since I Have headers/exhaust/intake, but where in DC are you, im up in Baltimore.
is it still mounted though??

and when are you coming down here to do those headers

·
Registered
550 Posts
intake advice

BMW-UDM said:
Thanks to zactastic i came across a company based in VA. Great looking intake with an INSANE price! Beside they give free shipping and discounts to CCA and bimmerforum members! I am not a bimmerforum member but i am a CCA member. Word is these intakes are great. Awesome sound, with great response through out the power band ( like most anyway ) I just wanted to pass this along to those looking for a great intake witha hell of a price tag!!!! if any of you out there have this intake i would really like some feedback, pics or even a sound clip!

cosmosracing.com

NOT

cosmoracing.com >>>different company but ppl confuse them cause of the S

MAD props to zatastic!!!

Cesar
THanks for the shout out bud. I wont take full credit for that find, but since I did pass the info on to a fellow fanatic (unlike most people on here who think that what mod they do is pinnacle of perfection and just tell you to search) I'd gladly help you out again. I'm kindof kicking myself for purchasing a newer Dinan CAI for 299$ when it's not even a "true" CAI... but ill wait to get it in before I conclude my irrational thoughts. Once you get some pics and a video out of the Cosmos CAI, I'm sure you'll convince me to make a second purchase. oh ya, my Dinan wont be in till this week too.
take care and good luck with the install.

P.S. when i was getting my Benfer (before I got scammed on here and never recieved it...getting money back soon) I was advised by a fellow fanatic friend "fff" that its really beneficial and advisable to replace the "intake boot" which will control or eliminate the high pitched whistling sound that some people have from CAI's. not sure if ill need to add it on my Dinan but you might want to buy one just incase. It's a 13 dollar part, picture below off a 5 series for reference. just an opinion. peace,
-Z

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i have a cosmos intake sitting in my garage... didnt i show you/tell you about it zach? :rofl:

anybody want it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i can get some... but unless you have a 330 you would need a 3.5" - 3" coupler to fit it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
wait Matt, i dont remember you showing me that. can you take some pics. Dibbs bro! haha.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
yeah man i will snap some pics for sure... ive had it sitting in my garage ever since i snagged a Dinan Carbon Fiber one instead. Both are great intakes!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bro help me out guys! check this Shyyyit out....so i went to order, no biggy right!? .....well i few mins later i get an email saying that the V2 intake will not fit the 330ci :banghead:. so they refuneded my money.... i was like WTF!!! buuuuut it seems that ones that fit the e46's where the V1 intake not the new updated version V2....ahhhhh back to square one:rolleyes:.... any suggestion fellas???

Btw zach the dinan is a good intake, just not to0o0o00 much sound, i would def keep it!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
hey adam i am in Mclean, trying to get a hood from u guys at euro-spec, but nothing yet for my 330ci, looking to get a CF vented hood like the GTR. Also wanted that CF roof overlay u guys had a while back, dam that thing look sweeeeet! now i saw a hood like this from modbargains but paul has treated me very well so i was hopeing to pick something up like this from u guys! let me know!

ALSO i just installed the CSL CF trunck from u guys!! awesome fit, no adjustment what so ever!!! just some very very simple dremel work was all!!

I know i can fit the M3 cf hood u guys have but i rather not mess with my fenders to make it fit, dont have that kind of time anymore...at least for a while anyway..

·
Registered
550 Posts
BMW-UDM said:
bro help me out guys! check this Shyyyit out....so i went to order, no biggy right!? .....well i few mins later i get an email saying that the V2 intake will not fit the 330ci . so they refuneded my money.... i was like WTF!!! buuuuut it seems that ones that fit the e46's where the V1 intake not the new updated version V2....ahhhhh back to square one.... any suggestion fellas???

Btw zach the dinan is a good intake, just not to0o0o00 much sound, i would def keep it!
that's messed up. Ill have to email them to see what's up with that. they should have listed what work correctly for each model. hmmmmmm. ya, im going to go get my Dinan on Wed and install is soon. I'm sure ill stick with that, im hoping it sounds descent.

what's the difference btw the v1 and v2?

·
Registered
550 Posts
COSMOSRACING.com said:
# Customize your v2 to your preference.
# Includes standard 3.5" K&N filter.
# Fits with HID, Xenon and Euro lights.
# Available in gloss blue,red, and black.
# Fits all BMW E36 and E46 6 cylinder,
except E46 M3.
FITS ALL e46's!!!! im going to email them rightnow and ask what's up.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts