BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yup those are it, i just bought mine from User Ant Anthem on Here. I believe he has more to sell. I paid like $6 each for them. I think the Stock OEM Plugs are actually bosch. I didn't notice any differences in the change either. I am putting in a K&N Air filter replacement tomorrow to see if in combination with the spark plugs I can get a little more HP but most of all a few more mpg's.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Yup those are it, i just bought mine from User Ant Anthem on Here. I believe he has more to sell. I paid like $6 each for them. I think the Stock OEM Plugs are actually bosch. I didn't notice any differences in the change either. I am putting in a K&N Air filter replacement tomorrow to see if in combination with the spark plugs I can get a little more HP but most of all a few more mpg's.
Stock plugs are NGK's mentioned in post #1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coo, thanks guys. Ordered from amazon w/ free shipping.

also ordered a new fuel filter.

I take the new ride to my local mechanic next friday to change plugs, filter, and brake fluid bleed...and give everything a once over. The car is 3 yrs 4 mos old w/ 23k miles.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
coo, thanks guys. Ordered from amazon w/ free shipping.

also ordered a new fuel filter.

I take the new ride to my local mechanic next friday to change plugs, filter, and brake fluid bleed...and give everything a once over. The car is 3 yrs 4 mos old w/ 23k miles.
Unless something happened to your car, you are really far away from needing spark plugs...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Unless something happened to your car, you are really far away from needing spark plugs...
I agree. If the OP is on a budget and the car's running fine, then the OP may want to pass. But the car is "new" to the OP. It can't hurt to replace the spark plugs. Plus something new may be learned about the car by examining the plugs...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I owned the car from 0 miles until now, I certainly would not change plugs. I know better than that...

However, since I am absolutely in love with this car...(i've hand waxed it twice in 2 days...nxt 2.0 last time) I want to make sure she is around for years and years to come. Side bar: i've owned a E92 335, B7-S4, and B7-A4 and by far this is my favorite car. With the addition of sirius in a few days, and 2 small dings removed she will be absolutely perfect.

Anyway, I want my local mechanic to take a look at the car...since im there I might as well do a few maintenance items to make sure she is ok.

Appointment is for next friday, I cant wait :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts