BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My right corner signal keeps falling off on me, I don't understand why. No clips are broken and when i try to pull it off with my hands it wont come off, only if i use a screw driver to pry it from that little hole like your suppose to.

This is very frustrating, and embarrassing when you're in traffic and people keep yelling out your light is dangling. I'm going on a little road trip tomorrow and i wanted to know has anyone fixed this problem or know of a temporary fix? (besides duct tape).

Thanks in advance...

-Kenny

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Double-sided tape?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bailing wire...the most secure of the ghetto methods...attach to the back of the light then feed it through and secure it somewhere under the hood. I had to do that for a temp fix after an accident.

Bird

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
if nothing is broken, take the side light out, then loosen your headlight and pull it out a little while re-installing the side light. this makes clipping the tab in easier.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Im not sure about a coupe or pre facelifted for that matter, but I know sedan facelifted the corners are screwed in from inside the hood compartment.

·
Registered
e92 M3
3,746 Posts
it's only those tabs. Both my tabs seem to be worn a bit and they slide out ever so slightly. Doesn't come out as you mentioned though.

Try wiggling it with the hand (while slightly pulling) and it might actually pop out.

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
if nothing is broken, take the side light out, then loosen your headlight and pull it out a little while re-installing the side light. this makes clipping the tab in easier.
+1. A buddy of mine had the same problem with his clear corners not staying in place. When we put in his P46's we attached the corners first then re-attached the headlights. Worked well.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Do you loosen all or just the top two bolts of the headlight housing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm so tired of my corner headlights falling out while I'm driving. I'm not sure how they are supposed to attach to the main headlight assembly. I bought the car used and they were rigged up. What a joke. I really need your guys help. Does anyone have a picture of how its supposed to attach? I need to diagnose if I'm missing clips, have brackets broken or find out what is wrong. Right now I'm using mighty puddy to hold it in place. Help! This is so lame. Its a 2000 328 ci

·
Registered
100 Posts
Spyder and wazsabi,

I got you bro! I just fixed this problem after 4 months of not being able to figure it out.

Take out the corner light.

Look at the clip in the center.

Pull it out gently and bend it open gently, this adds more friction that holds the light housing tabs in place.

Insert the clip gently back in it's place, pay attention to the little spur on the clip it has a groove to slide in.

Reinstall the corner light gently and you're done. Problem solved.

The clip just gets old, especially if it has been removed too many times. Maybe order 2 new ones from Tischer BMW one day (getbmwparts.com).

And new corners are only about $30 at Khoalty.com but make sure each tab on your corners is there #1 and #2 there is a slot for it to go into on the headlight housing. If the slot is broken you will need to buy a new headlight housing or find one on a E46 somebody is parting out in the for sale section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
where can I find a new headlight housing badd 330ci?? I found out the slot is broken on the main headlight assembly (why would they make this plastic!!! AH). Does anyone have a link to the part I would need? I really dont feel like spending money on an entire new headlight assembly! Help me, please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts