E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mod Squad
10,010 Posts
Search for corner lamp disable. There's a couple of threads what have bits and pieces of a DIY procedure that you can follow to complete the mod. :)

·
Banned
143 Posts
J4K2onE46 said:
I want to do this, but the bulbs in my Sedan are a single-contact. Is there any way to do it?
One way that I know you can do it is instead of powering the corner bulbs with the stock set up, hook it up so that the corner bulbs are getting power from the sidesignals. You'll either need resistors or paint a pair of bulbs black and leave them under the hood pluged into the stock wires so that you won't have a "lights out" error.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
GeNR8Zn said:
One way that I know you can do it is instead of powering the corner bulbs with the stock set up, hook it up so that the corner bulbs are getting power from the sidesignals. You'll either need resistors or paint a pair of bulbs black and leave them under the hood pluged into the stock wires so that you won't have a "lights out" error.
Yeah, but then the blinkers won't work. I want mine to turn on when I signal, but I don't want them on when the headlights are on.

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Mikey-Fresh said:
Yeah, but then the blinkers won't work. I want mine to turn on when I signal, but I don't want them on when the headlights are on.

of course they will, as long as they are wired to the side markers...

is there another way to do this withought the side marker wiring?

·
Masterdebator
1,527 Posts
you're not too far.....ask Jaden, he can hook you up for a good price.....lost his damn number

·
Banned
143 Posts
Either one should have resistors, but I wasn't able to find 6 ohm resistors at radio shack so I just got them from autolumination.com

What kind of wires are you using to run the power from your sidemarkers?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input fellas. Can someone give me a list of what I'd need if I were to use the "leave the stock corner bulbs in the hood" method? And are the parts found at my local PepBoys? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
BMDoubleU2k4 said:
THANKS!!! DIY was great :thumbup:

I just started doing this, the guy at radio shack told me 10 0hm resistors would work bc he didnt have any 6 ohm resistors. I tried them but they burnt out and then gave me the error on both headlamps. My roomate (Engineering student) explained to me that the size shouldn't have made much of a difference.

Anyways have the 6 ohm resistors worked for most of you guys who have done this?

·
Registered
247 Posts
tommiexboi said:
ive done this to many cars... u don't need to get a resistor
Even if I have my corner light running off my sidemarker line?

The orginal corner wires arent runnign anything so I how do I avoid the "headlamp out" icons in my dash and the fast blinking? Can you elaborate? Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is there any DIY step by step instructions? I have no experience with any of this electrical stuff and I REALLY want to do this mod.

·
Registered
247 Posts
mike1r said:
Even if I have my corner light running off my sidemarker line?

The orginal corner wires arent runnign anything so I how do I avoid the "headlamp out" icons in my dash and the fast blinking? Can you elaborate? Thanks :thumbup:

bump

·
Registered
219 Posts
J4K2onE46 said:
I want to do this, but the bulbs in my Sedan are a single-contact. Is there any way to do it?
I have no idea on how to do this, but on my car and all the Euro spec cars, the corner lights do not light up when you turn on the headlights. So I am thinking would it be a "programming" issue that can be done by the dealer? :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts