BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am simply posting some data that I thought people would be interested in reading about. I recently installed a fully adjustable suspension kit and took it to a great shop in the area to have it corner balanced, height adjusted, etc.

I will be taking this set up to Road America in May, but already, this set up is extremely impressive.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
where did you notice most difference? would you say it worth while getting the car corner balanced for mostly street driving? what the the cost?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Street driving - you mostly notice it at freeway speeds and/or corner apex. For instance, if you are coming up on a yellow light on a left-hand turn through an intersection... there is almost zero body roll at much quicker speeds, therefore, your grip is inreased significantly. Lane change precision and power transfer also sees a nice increase. I do like to have fun and dice traffic a bit and would definately consider doing a corner balance to any setup I got to any car I own. However, you do sacrafice comfort with a set-up as aggressive as mine. The shop I had done put a 200lbs weight in the driver seat and really dialed the car in. They also adjusted all my endlinks, checked all of the suspension components...etc. All of it was done for $200. When you think about the cost of an allignment or general maintinance, it was well worth it in my mind.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently had my car corner weighted and alignment done at the shop that does all the work on my 325ci, very happy with the results. While this is on my daily driver the goal is to have a well set up car concerning suspension, she's a sleeper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts