E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

First of all I would like to thank every one for posting great information for DIYers like me. Had it not been for the forum I would have stopped half way through and been a lot gentler with the car and never gotten the damn expansion tank off. LOL.

As of right now I am in the middle of a cooling system overhaul. I had a small leak and wanted to wait until the weather was a bit nicer so I could do it quickly outside, but a week ago the leak became a lot worse, coolant found its way onto the fan and the engine bay is a mess.

I am replacing pretty much everything that there is to replace (plastic and rubber), short of the radiator and the hoses that run to the back of the engine and heater core. Before I start putting things together, I had a couple of questions.

Is there a proper way to remove the transmission cooler thermostat that goes at the bottom of the expansion tank? I have done a few searches, but there does not seem to be a set answer, I don't wanna yank on it and break it.

Also, I am putting up pictures of the old and new coolant level sensor, and the water pump. The new sensor looks entirely different from the old one, I am not sure if there has been a parts mix up. I ordered everything from AutohuasAZ. Also the new water pump has metallic impeller, but it looks quite flimsy compared to the old one. My old water pump is in great condition.

Thanks for the input all.

Auto part Suspension Transmission part Hardware accessory Suspension part

Auto part Rim Wheel Crankshaft Metal

Product Auto part Rim Wheel

Wood Floor

Plastic Finger

1 - 1 of 1 Posts