E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 330 has about 26k on it, and is 2 years old.* I live in the panhandle of Florida, and it's very HOT.
I'm wondering if I should flush out my cooling system, just drain the radiator and refill, or do nothing.* I was thinking about going with 25% glycol/74% water/WATER WETTER.* I want the system to run cooler because I have heard that our cooling systems are not the absolute greatest, and we all know heat destroys engines.
If doing the whole system, any suggestions?* How-tos available?* I don't really have experience with this motor yet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Your car is still fairly new, all you need to do is flush the cooling system and replace with 50/50 mix of BMW coolant and distilled water - do this every two years. BMWs run hot, no way around it. Water Wetter is nice but the 50/50 traditional mix is the best thing for you car. When you start getting past 60,000 miles then you can think about replacing parts (water pump, etc).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep an eye on your fan clutch, I'd say inspect it every year? that and the thermostat :)
Keep an eye as in see if there is resistance while turning the fan blade?
Watch Abby normal temps for thermo probs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Keep an eye as in see if there is resistance while turning the fan blade?
Watch Abby normal temps for thermo probs?

Abby normal? Classic. ;)

From Young Frankenstein:

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [to Igor] Now that brain that you gave me. Was it Hans Delbruck's?
Igor: [pause, then] No.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Ah! Very good. Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?
Igor: Then you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abby Someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Someone. Abby who?
Igor: Abby Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Normal?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Abby normal? Classic. ;)

From Young Frankenstein:

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [to Igor] Now that brain that you gave me. Was it Hans Delbruck's?
Igor: [pause, then] No.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Ah! Very good. Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?
Igor: Then you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abby Someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Someone. Abby who?
Igor: Abby Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Normal?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.
Nice catch... :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.