E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, what coolant do you all use for e46 M3? My level is a bit low, and while I know I could just top-off with distilled water, I'm looking to get some coolant anyway for the future.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Use whatever color is already in there. Doesn***8217;t matter at all if you replace all the coolant with new stuff. If your level is low, you might have a leak somewhere

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If OE BMW is what's in there, OE BMW is what you should add.

In NY you shouldn't be adding just water.

And, yeah-- as above, coolant is not a consumable. If you're low, you're leaking. Find the leak before it becomes a bigger issue.

·
Registered
147 Posts

And, yeah-- as above, coolant is not a consumable. If you're low, you're leaking. Find the leak before it becomes a bigger issue.
Only blue should be in there anything else will damage the system and needs to be flushed out right away. Green coolant is garbage and the other colors are for different makes

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it, thanks everyone. Managed to get ahold of some OEM from my local mechanic. Going to top off and keep watch in the near future...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Only blue should be in there anything else will damage the system and needs to be flushed out right away. Green coolant is garbage and the other colors are for different makes

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
That***8217;s not true, but it is good practice to always use oem stuff anyway.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ECStuning sells a gallon of unmixed BMW coolant for like $20 so you get 2 gallons basically. That's a darn good deal to me

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts