BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1999 328i from a relative. Drove about 30 miles home no problems, no lights. After checking the coolant about 6 hours after getting home, the float is at the lowest level possible, not floating. Car was on level ground. I would think the car is cool enough to check the coolant? So should I add more coolant or wait and check later? I'm new to E46's. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just picked up a 1999 328i from a relative. Drove about 30 miles home no problems, no lights. After checking the coolant about 6 hours after getting home, the float is at the lowest level possible, not floating. Car was on level ground. I would think the car is cool enough to check the coolant? So should I add more coolant or wait and check later? I'm new to E46's. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

I would add till it shows the 2nd ball popping out and drive a bit maybe a day see if it moved after full cool down, I just had a shop do my system with a flush and been topping it with just a splash twice in one month but I think more.my paranoia and it's still bleeding air out since I only provide them with 1 gallon of coolant for the whole cooling component replacment job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would add till it shows the 2nd ball popping out and drive a bit maybe a day see if it moved after full cool down, I just had a shop do my system with a flush and been topping it with just a splash twice in one month but I think more.my paranoia and it's still bleeding air out since I only provide them with 1 gallon of coolant for the whole cooling component replacment job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using E46Fanatics mobile app
Awesome thanks! We'll see how it goes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts