E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have drained the cooland from the radiator. I only had one blue plug. I cannot seem to locate the plug on the engine block. Does anyone have a pciture of where it is exactly? I have a 00' 323ci Coupe...

Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KP said:
I dont have that plug...it looks like a missing screw on my engine block.
Also I only have one blue drain plug at the radiator....Strange :hmm:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
kyao888 said:
I dont have that plug...it looks like a missing screw on my engine block.
Also I only have one blue drain plug at the radiator....Strange :hmm:
323's only have one blue radiator plug.

As for the engine coolant drain plug... it should be there. :hmm:

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
manual transmission equiped vehicles have two blue cap (resv and for the radiator).

auto/step equiped vehicles only have one blue cap

·
Registered
673 Posts
kyao, there is no screw missing, it's an allen key bolt. I hgad this problem too, the size is like 6.5mm. but they don't make a 6.5 mm. i was gonna try using a 6mm but it felt loose and i was scared that i would strip the inside of the bolt so i bought a 7mm allen key socket and took it to the grinder until it fit in the bolt tighter than a virgins *****. then remove the two hoses that are hanging in your way by just removing the bolt for the bracket that holds the hoses. Stick the socket on your ratchet and go to town, you have very little room to move the rathcet, i did that **** one click at a time but it frakin worked! godamn car pissed all in my face but i was happy as a clown. If your talented like me you can finagle your tourque wrench up in there and tourque it to 18ftlbs when you put it back on. Now remember fellas, only a 50/50mix of bmw coolant and DISTILLED water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts