BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Imported *******
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys,

just getting some general thoughts from the BMW community......I want to build my Dinan 330i some more and make it more "unique" and I was thinking of a M3 sedan (being that they don't make it).

So, the car would get in addition to what i have on it right now....
M-Tech front bumper
M3 Mirrors
Custom rear bumper to fit quad exhaust
Custom Quad exhaust or Hamman quad exhaust
Forced Induction (prolly a supercharger from RMS, ESS or powerdyne)
and of course, the most controversial parts..
M3 badging
M3 Side gills.

So, basically you will have a sedan that looks like a 4dr M3, with enough HP to boot. Yes, it won't handle and not as balanced as the M3, but c'mon, when will you see a 4dr M3? I'm just tyring to be a lil unique.....

so, cool idea or another M3 poser????

And no, I will not just buy an M3. I need a 4dr.

:)

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Go for it, get new rear quarter panels though cuz you need the fenders for the rear and you will also need front fenders and the M3 hood put on, as well as the M3 mirrors, shadowline trim, new M3 interior rearview mirror then you would be even closer to being a true M3 sedan, also possibly get M seats from an M, and are you then also going to get new wheels on it, of the M variation of course, I think if you did all of that plus what you want to do then you would be worthy of the M badges :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
35,562 Posts
IMO, dont pose off the M3... and def. do not put the badge on the rear, or side gills for that matter...

if i were u, and wanting to spend that kind of money, i would get the Breyton widebody kit for sedan, it is really rare, and would look AMAZING in white

-brendan

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Nothing deserves an M3 Badge unless it was built by BMW Motorsports Division-

The M3 badge is a trademark of BMW's creation, not the guy who tuned the car down the street. The M3 represents a long list of things, none of which your project described will have.

Verdict, not cool at all.

The rest of the plan sounds great

·
Registered
654 Posts
definitly do not put M3 badges on and I like GarretF's idea of putting RMS on the gills...that would be tight and yes you need hood and everything else......why don't you just get an M3(j/k :):):) )

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
838 Posts
do all that and you'll be just like samir. But like others have said leave the badges off. This way your not a poser and other will ask if its a M3 and all you have to say is "I don't know is it?"

·
Registered
108 Posts
4dr M3

Two people from around my way did it. Both with alpine white 330 sedans. Emblems gone with the fenders, rear, and front bumper done. The first one had the M3 rims, the second guy when on to CF the hood and change to PG3's. The first i saw was while it was coming down the highway. Poser or not, my head turned enough to call a fellow fanatic on the cell, and ask "Is there a 4 dr M3???"

I say go for it, looks GREAT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
459 Posts
John from jersey said:
Nothing deserves an M3 Badge unless it was built by BMW Motorsports Division-

The M3 badge is a trademark of BMW's creation, not the guy who tuned the car down the street. The M3 represents a long list of things, none of which your project described will have.

Verdict, not cool at all.

The rest of the plan sounds great
Couldn't have put it better myself. What your planning on doing sounds cool but ///M badges on a non ///M car is ghey x 90994808094809 no matter what. If you really want an e46 M3 sedan why don't you find an M3 engine and put it in your sedan? That would be unique. I have never heard of anyone doing that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Leave the M3 badge and M3 side grills out...

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
-follow your own instinct/choice and be creative !

3C
==============
BMW 330CiEVOSport
Audi A6QuattroOettinger
M Benz C280Elegance
Toyota C.2.8

Attachments

·
Banned
966 Posts
I agree with everyone. It sounds like it would look really good, but keep the side gills and the emblems off. It will never be an m3, so why pretend.:dunno:

·
Registered
740 Posts
This is what I don't mind. If someone gets a car and makes it exactly like an M3 but doesn't badge it. I hate when people do that then put the M3 badge on.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts