BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of converting my stock springs with Koni yellows to coil-overs using either the Ground-Control coil over kit, or TC Kline's conversion kit. Has anyone done this with either? It sounds like the "stock" type spring seat on the front struts must be removed. Is this a PITA? I'm planning on running some agressive spring rates ~600 front, 700 rear for some AutoX action. This must be right at the limit of the Koni Yellows... comments?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If u r with konis u need to modify the gc spring seats. U need to cut then a bit, but besides that the stick spting seats are coming out really easy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If u r with konis u need to modify the gc spring seats. U need to cut then a bit, but besides that the stick spting seats are coming out really easy
All right, thanks! What would be best to cut the gc spring seats with; sawsall, or is that too ghetto?

·
Keep it clean
8,069 Posts
Make sure you talk to GC about the options. Their custom Konis have lower spring seats than standard ones, so it will limit how much you want to drop the car (if that's your aim).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts