BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, its cold in NY so I haven't put the top down for at least 2 weeks...I have a 01 330CI Convertible...today I decided to put the top down, but nothing happened...the light usually blinks red now it is orange...anyone know what could be a problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check your trunk. There is something on the way. Make sure the compartment where the roof goes in its open, that why your light is orange. There should be a handle to retract it.

Hope this helps.:hi:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sometimes my trunk would magically pop and I would have to shut it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't have the manual with me...can u guys show me where the roof compartment and what it looks like? and how do u know if it closed or not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
once you open the trunk, if you see a big black rectangular piece just below the trunk door, then the compartment is down and you should be able to open the roof, if you dont see it, then crouch down and look up into the trunk.. you will see a latch, which you pull down and out towards you, the compartment will open and now you can open the convertible rooftop.. good luck.. if you still have probs, let me know and i'll take pics of what it looks like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have an 00 323 convert and the trunk is prolly the issue. Sometimes the trunk is shut but the switch is not actuated to tell the converet switch that the trunk is closed. Open and shut it until you get the light on the convert. switch. If that does not work, look at your fuses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts