E46 Fanatics Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to do mine a couple times, just pull he fuse the first time, then run each window separately all the way through the cycle.
Well I tried again last night, and my passenger window refuses to re-calibrate. :ben: Driver's side window works fine - so I'm doing the procedure correctly. I need to dig into the passenger side and figure out why it won't re-calibrate. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
28,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I would not dig into anything at this point.

I rarely see a problem with the convertible motors.

Most problems are due to the fact people cannot count out 5 seconds, they usually are impatient and count out 5 seconds in 2 seconds.

DO NOT use the Auto feature of the window button, you MUST Press or Pull and HOLD the switch AND continue to HOLD the switch after the windows stop in the up or down position.

You need 2 to 3 full window cycles.

Press and HOLD the window button to open the window and CONTINUE to hold the button down for 10 seconds (I say 10 seconds because people are impatient), pull and HOLD the window button until the window closes and CONTINUE to hold the button up for 10 seconds.

Rinse and Repeat, if you are unsure Rinse and Repeat a 3rd time.

·
Premium Member
28,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Pull Fuse 57 for 30 seconds, then re-initialize each front window.

Make sure you FIRMLY Push or Pull the window switches, do not partially touch them and do not let go of the switch until after the 5+ seconds AFTER the window opens or closes.

Do the drivers window first because you know it works. If you cannot get it to set the Auto Up and Down properly then you are not doing the procedure properly.

Might be possible someone swapped the wrong parts into the passenger door if someone has been inside the door before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do the drivers window first because you know it works. If you cannot get it to set the Auto Up and Down properly then you are not doing the procedure properly.

Might be possible someone swapped the wrong parts into the passenger door if someone has been inside the door before?
Gonna keep trying it but you know Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. :banghead:

And, my driver's window, which was working fine, has started to occasionally stop halfway up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmm, I'll try this

I'm glad that I stumbled across this thread. I often do the 3-times unlock with my keyfob to roll down the windows on my way to the car after work to let all of the hot air out. When I start it up and try to use the auto-up for all the windows the back windows go up, but the two front start up and then go back down again.
Not a huge deal, just a bit annoying. I'll try some of this solutions presented here and let you know. The forum is always helpful! Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gonna keep trying it but you know Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. :banghead:

And, my driver's window, which was working fine, has started to occasionally stop halfway up.
Well now none of my windows want to work. So I probably have something else going on. :facepalm:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.