E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you everyone on this thread. I have a '05 325ci Convertible. Just replaced my battery and encountered problems with my front windows. Didn't know what problem was so I googled window standardization. Brought me right to forum.e46fanatics and this thread. Here's what I did thanks to all of you:

1. Rolled down both front windows
2. Pulled fuse 57 for 10 seconds (did this only one time)
3. Raised driver window, held for 10 seconds
4. Raised passenger window, held for 10 seconds

SUCCESS...."Convertible Window Motor Standardization" Completed successfully. Really appreciate ALL of the comments on this thread. I truly benefitted from your experiences. FYI - I joined the forum too !!! Safe Motoring all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great news regarding Master Window Reset all four (4) windows for convertible. After resetting the individual front windows using the "Convertible Window Motor Standardization" procedure. Here's what I did to reset Master Window Control Switch on the console WITHOUT PULLING THE FUSE:

MASTER WINDOW SWITCH on the console (all four windows - Convertibles)

With the doors closed, roll all the windows down with the master window switch only about 1/2 way, turn the key off for 10 seconds. Turn key back on, then use the Master Window Switch to roll up the windows. All windows should now raise together. .....Note - did not need to pull fuses at all

This worked very well for me AFTER resetting the front windows individually. (Got this info from a BMW forum in the UK. Sorry don't have name but THANKS)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.