BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my convertible roof seems to have developed a problem all of a sudden. It's a right hand drive and the opening/closing doesn't seem to be performing very well. I've checked all the relevant fuses and they seem ok. There is however, an intermittant clicking sound over my right shoulder towards the rear which makes me think "relay". I've been on the Real OEM site and there does appear to be a relay in the electricals back there but I've no idea how to get to it and check it out etc.

My car is a 2000 model e46 cab. Hopefully someone else has some knowledge of this problem and can point me in the right direction.:cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Result!

Ok, the solution to this problem was down to the hard top proximity switch! Basically it was working intermittantly and thinking that a hard top was either in place or not in place and therefore because of this uncertainty, the top refused to work properly. Neither did the heated rear window on the soft top either. Anyway, a change of proximity switch did the job. If there is any (electrical) component acting in a dodgy way regarding the soft top, it won't work properly.

Hope this helps anyone else out there with a similar prob.

Dvd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts