E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
looks like a high school science project.
The didn't even cover the PCBs on the batteries... I wonder how safe it would be in a front end collision/rain. They even took off the stock weatherstripping around the hood.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i would like it better if they had better taste in mods...

if you can get a carbon fiber hood why can't you get the bumper to fit right...and that yellow is ghastly..it's like a taxi.

·
Town Clown
1,318 Posts
looks like someone scratched the sh! out of those strut towers.looks like a high school science project. there goes 50/50 weight dist!
It's probably a salvage title. Given that it's the first E46 build, it's virtually a science experiment/prototype, for sure, and I'd imagine they picked up the cheapest chassis they could find.

More info here:

http://www.emotorwerks.com/EAA/EAA_EMW_Article-ce_nov2011_web.pdf

EDIT: The headline of the article states it's a prototype.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I find that Valery Miftakhov guy sketchy. He seems to have his basic electric car knowledge at least, but EVERYTHING else is sketchy and lacking in good design/engineering/manufacturing.

If somebody just dropped an empty soda can in that engine bay, there would be one hell of a fire and explosion.

·
Registered
578 Posts
cool idea but i wouldn't do it. plus why would i spend 15k or this conversion when my car is work 14- 15k itself? i would just sell my 330 and get a certified 335i. newer, it has warranty , same power :read:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.