BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I used the E46Fanatics search...found nothing; tried google search for this website still nothing.

My question is:

(1) What are the detailed steps to convert the convertible top operation from automatic to manual?

(2) Does a vendor provide a kit to enable the conversion?

In advance, thank for information.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone converted an automatic convertible top operation to a manual?

I found some discussion of the topic on Bimmerforms.com. Just thought someone on E46Fanatic would have insight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just seeking to understand what is required, the process and associated costs.

Nothing necessarily wrong with an automatic top. I had previously owned a Cadillac Allante which had a manually operated top which was very easy to operate and never resulted in any problems.

All2kool your statement of inability to convert is not congruent with the Bimmerforums.com. I'm not taking a position on correctness of either party at this juncture, just seeking to understand. Would you explain specifically why the conversion cannot be implemented.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
All2kool your statement of inability to convert is not congruent with the Bimmerforums.com.
Perhaps the information you got on another forum wasn't clear. You can change your automatic top to a manual top but you cannot convert an auto to a manual. The mechanics of the closing mechanism at the windshield aren't even close to being the same. I suggest you visit Realoem.com and look at the microfiche of the two tops to see what I mean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have manual Mechanism, Tent is different from the Auto one , you should change the tent from a Manual one which is very hard to find I guess, I didnt see from anyone else except mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts