BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What should i get CA, BUSHINGS

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i get i need control arms and bushings, i want a smooth ride, OEM, MEYLE,LEMFORDER or other, please help, ive searched yessss, my mechanic today said Meyle is garbage, now i know you guys use meyle and like it but he said give it some time it will go out on you. tnx alot.

·
Registered
562 Posts
my mechanic today said Meyle is garbage, now i know you guys use meyle and like it but he said give it some time it will go out on you. tnx alot.
The Meyle control arms have something like a 30 year warranty on them, no company in their right mind is going to warranty a product which replaces something that typically fails after 30-60k miles for such a long period of time if it isn't going to last that long.

Meyle is not garbage.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k tnx, so anyone else, why should i put zhp CA , anything diff, anyone else, please advise. tnx alot.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
It's been my observation that a lot of mechanics rely on lore and recieved wisdom, but often lack actual specific current technical knowledge about the subject.

Accordingly, many mechanics will tell you MEYLE is garbage based on a long ago reputation - it may or may not have been true once, but it's no longer the case. (FWIW, most of the stories I've heard about MEYLE parts failing have been rubber mounts, usually engine mounts, mostly on Audi's)

As to your specific question - I'd recommend getting control arms with the metal ball joints - which amounts to either the BMW, Lemforder, or Meyle arms - part numbers are
BMW 31 12 2 282 121 - ZHP Left
BMW 31 12 2 282 122 - ZHP Right
Lemforder 25367 - ZHP Left
Lemforder 25368 - ZHP Right
MEYLE 316 050 0003/HD - Left
MEYLE 316 050 0004/HD - Right

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just found out that lemforder makes the CA's for BMW and BOGI makes bushings for BMW, dnt know what to do,

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool tnx, i might go with original or lemforder, just cuz im anal and very picky. any other thoughts guys.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I have purchased the aluminum CA's with the Powerflex bushings. Their price is reasonable and seems better than the OEM's IMO. I changed it 2500 miles ago, though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just ordered my Control Arms and bushings from [email protected] Great sponsor to deal with.
He is indeed a great sponsor to deal with. I've ordered a bit over 700 bucks worth of various control arms, typically high wear bushings and random items I need for maintenance in the past week and his service has been wonderful. Responses to e-mailed questions at reasonable times during the day have come within 5 minutes to a couple hours of sending. When the stuff shipped, he sent me some 15 or so photos of all the parts I ordered plus what the box they're coming in looks like. Prices are great, too. Some of the stuff I ordered was so cheap compared to what I was seeing elsewhere that I almost expected him to send me another e-mail with corrected prices and a note about making a mistake when looking 'em up or something. Really impressed overall.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
He is indeed a great sponsor to deal with. I've ordered a bit over 700 bucks worth of various control arms, typically high wear bushings and random items I need for maintenance in the past week and his service has been wonderful. Responses to e-mailed questions at reasonable times during the day have come within 5 minutes to a couple hours of sending. When the stuff shipped, he sent me some 15 or so photos of all the parts I ordered plus what the box they're coming in looks like. Prices are great, too. Some of the stuff I ordered was so cheap compared to what I was seeing elsewhere that I almost expected him to send me another e-mail with corrected prices and a note about making a mistake when looking 'em up or something. Really impressed overall.
LOL, I did to. I had to check to make sure that was the total price for everything.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts