BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm considering selling my car. i love it but there just aren't any dealers in the area where I now live, and it's too much of a hassle. i think i'm going to get a used S4 (B5)...2001-2, <30K miles, 6speed...
anyway, what kind of price do you guys think i could sell my car for?
2002 330xi, SP, 5speed...

and would i probably just get an even trade for the audi i described, get some money back, or owe some?

not sure i'm going to do it, but highly considering..
thanks,
matt.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Damn, im in the same exact boat as you. Ive been checking out some used S4's myself all day and u are still gonna be paying around 30,000 for them if not more. Im really considering trading in or selling my 02 330ci, for a used S4 or used M3. not sure which i like more. I kinda like the M more. (e36 im talking about). but the S4 can be made very quick with minor work done. i want something in stick thats fun to drive, quick and nice looking. my 330ci is step and i cant stand driving automatic anymore, i miss driving stick alot. the M's are hard to find with low mileage and even if they have under 30,000 miles your still paying about 35-40k for them, im not sure what i wanna do, im confused right now.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
A modded B5 S4 will rape 99% of the cars you see every day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Smoltz said:
Only if it's not in the shop.

Adam
werd up. don't get first year production at least, my friends had mad problems because it was the first year of production, thats why he is now in an STI. 2002s should be fine.

E

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've been looking at B5 S4s for a while. My car keeps breaking too much. I'm just hoping the S4 won't be as bad. If you get an early model S4, you'll probably want to make sure you have an Audi Assured warrenty. or start saving for some K04s.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what's the first year of production? 2001 or 2002 should be fine, shouldn't it? i wouldn't get it older than that, and would (obviously) prefer a 2002.

also, anyone have any idea about the actual swap, money wise? or what i'd get from selling my car (dealer or elsewhere)?

if i'm going to do this i want to walk into the audi dealer and know what i should get or expect to pay or receive....anyone know?

thanks guys!
matt.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Smoltz said:
Only if it's not in the shop.

Adam
Adam,

I know where your coming from with those S's...they have proved to be hard to maintain. However, being the previous owner of an A4 1.8T, I have to tell you those cars have so much more potential stock then a stock bmw. If you build up an S4 with stronger parts, chip, downpipes, bigger turbos, exhaust, the car has the capability of pushing 450 horsepower and with other upgrades that would beef up its internals, it wouldnt have that many problems. A modded S4...and I do mean modded like RS4 Turbo style...would spank almost any car on the road...just a shame we cant utilize stock power out of our Bims...BMW GIVE US TURBOS....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts