E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to replace the window regulator on the drivers side of the wife's 02 330CI, and I seem to either be overlooking something, or either her car is different than the other write ups that are posted in the forum. Everything has gone well in taking the door skin off, and removing the dust barrier, but when I raise the window a bit to try and loosen the two 10mm nuts that are mentioned in all the write ups, mine doesn't seem to have them. All I can find is at the bottom corners of each side of the glass is a what looks to be a E7 Star type set screw on each side that looks to hold the window in the track. Is there someone out there that is familiar with this particular model and can tell me if I am overlooking the 10mm bolts or if these set type star screws are serving the same purpose as the other, and are used on some of the models. If so I am in a serious bind because I was going to back off on one of them to see i that was in fact the right ones, and it broke off without much pressure at all. If there's someone out there that is familiar with what I am speaking of, please post and advise me what to do, and if I seem to doing this all wrong. Thanks and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.