BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for you guys.... i got 04 330i.....
and the first day i picked it up... there were condensations in the headlamps AND corner signal lights... i thought it was just new and letting it dry should be fine.... but the damn condensations keep coming back but not often, and usually at nite... i took it to the dealer and they said it's normal to have condensations in the headlamps... they said BMW came out with a bulletin saying u have to let your car run for 30 mins if there are condensations in the headlamps and let it evaporate... don't know if it true... but sounds like :bs: to me at least... :flipoff:
i mean if i have to do that everytime i see condensations in the headlamps... i seriously have my doubts in BMW engineering..... my civic and crv don't have freaking condensations building up in the headlamps... why should a 60G car say it's normal to have condensations..... they told me to bring it back when i see condensation, but it appears at nite and dealership is close...
neway i can get the damn dealer to fix this for me...
do u guys have the same problems?? :dunno:
plz gimme answers!!!! thx dudes

·
Registered
313 Posts
my buddie's m3 had that problem, he took in to the dealer. the condensation was there for a week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the dealer is telling me stupid :bs:
it's too bad there's no condensation when i bring it back to the dealer....
i really don't understand how they say it's normal to have condensation in the headlights...... screw that....

time for some b!tching at the dealer.....
does anyone else have this problem or just me??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
sheefo2k said:
the only problems i know if. is if u open the housing to install dde or paint headlight trim or replace em.. for whatever reason you open the headlights. and close em again . this might cause condensatoin..
Not tru sheef,

I've opened mine up to paint the trims and never seen that issue (knock on wood).

If I were you kars, I would pull off both lens and reinstall them. make sure that the clips are and clipped on tight. check the DIY on the TECH section on this site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i think this is fairly common. i've noticed it occasionally on my car and was a little worried about it. this week i was back at the dealership and noticed several of the cars for sale out on the lot had the same problem.

·
Site Sponsor
18,508 Posts
it's not supposed to be common.

And damn well better not happen on a new car. They are feeding you BS. The condensation issues they had were for 99 cars. Whatever that was, probably a bad seal, they replaced the lights on some owner's cars.

But the MAIN issue here is they aren't fixing it.

If they don't go onto the DIY forum here, and open your lights up yourself. Because this isn't a coupe, they aren't technically SEALED.

So, you can pop off a few tabs, run some petroleum jelly on the seals and reseat the headlight.

Should take you 5-15 minutes per side.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i have that problem with my 03m3 m3

when i had my angel eyes installed when i got them back i saw
that i had that problem more than before.

when i first got my car i had that problem a little bit but after the install i had it alot more times like it is always their.

i ask my bmw body shop guy what can be done for this problem.
and he told me that when i had the angel eyes installed the installer broke the seal of the headlights. what ever that is. and
to fix it they would have to put a hole new sealer around the head light. i have this problem just on one side. but he said it is very expensive. did not tell me exactly what it was. but said to
me it would be around 3 to 400.00 to reseal it. so i said i will live
with it. but i think next summer i will look into get it reseal what
ever it costs.. it is just that i know it is their and it bothers me to
have it on my new 03m3... i figue i would tell you my story and
shed a little light on the problem.
but if you have it a little bit that is normal. if it goes away after a 1/2 hr its ok. if you get angel eyes tell the installer to be very careful with the install so you don't end up like me.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aights.... thx everyone..... greatly appreciate your help....
:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I picked up my 2004 330i (ZHP!) last week there was condensation in both headlights, and I noticed that the 330i sitting next to it at the dealer had some too. I've had the car a week now and it hasn't come back yet.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I picked up my 2004 330i TODAY and the headlamps and corner lights both had mega condensation. I asked my salesman about it and he said it was norma....I don't think that is normal though! I already replaced the corner lights with OEM clears so no condensation there anymore:) I picked up the car this morning and it still has condensation tonight. It is -30 degrees celcius, so that's not helping either...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts