BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
whoa, I have to light a blunt & sit back to enjoy your diagram... j/k

I think the most confusing part is figuring out where the wires are & what colors they are, coming out of the factory amp harness... check out this diagram I put together awhile back... this is what I think needs to happen.. NON HK.. sorry Bender.

I forgot to draw the harnesses...

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh definitely.. i like that ALOT. but, since all the wires come into the harness, you really have to cut it all anyway, right? i mean, i guess you could only cut select ones, but you then might be dealing with less room, more confusing..? our diagrams are basically exactly the same..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, and by the way, once you get in there, take the grey-black heads out of the harness bracket, you can see pretty clearly the wires. but you MUST have the stereosaga diagram to stay sane. even that can be a little bit confusing, which is why i'm going to try to make it a little bit clearer..

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
Tex323i said:
oh, and by the way, once you get in there, take the grey-black heads out of the harness bracket, you can see pretty clearly the wires. but you MUST have the stereosaga diagram to stay sane. even that can be a little bit confusing, which is why i'm going to try to make it a little bit clearer..
yeah our diagrams are the same.. yes I have looked at the saga & it was too much text for me... any simplification would be great... did I mention that the SQ on my IDMax in a tiny box is unbelieveable? Never heard such nice smooth un-distorted bass....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seriously? i'd be interested in hearing more about that. i am currently obsessed with finding a smotther, tighter bass for my ever-evolving system..

don't worry, i'll sum that saga up like you wouldn't believe, though i think you prob know more than i do about it!

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
Tex323i said:
seriously? i'd be interested in hearing more about that. i am currently obsessed with finding a smotther, tighter bass for my ever-evolving system..

don't worry, i'll sum that saga up like you wouldn't believe, though i think you prob know more than i do about it!
Well, I have used Orion, JL audio & Eclipse subs. All good subs, but none of them gave me the same smooth buttery goodness as the Image Dynamics. I have it in an undersized box so it could be louder, but it is still loud & the bass is very smooth & the sound quality is much better than any of the other subs I have owned. Definately worth getting. It is also a versetile sub, in a big box it will be more SPL in a small box it will be geat SQ.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool - this is good info, thanks. i don't need ALOT of bass, just a good depth of bass that fills out the sound..i'm no lowrider..

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank god for that one, it helped me out BIG time with my install... i think that with everything out there, it's obviously do-able, but an updated expl like dave's would be good..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hear ya... i'm happy to get it done for ya if i can find some time. school just started up, so i haven't had a life lately. grad architecture is a biatch!

anyway, yeah, more than happy to snap some pics. as far as the speakers go, i replaced them all during my big 'install week' last week. but i'm not happy with them at all...need to replace,ie, the last post..

there's MUCH more power, though, i can tell you that. with the right speakers, my wiring is [email protected]!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was wondering wether you replaced the speakers also. Because of the non-typical impedence issues associated with the stock speakers. What speakers are you using now and did you have any fitment problems?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
yep, i'm using a pair of mbw 5 1/4 coaxials that just aren't getting the job done. in my old ride, 4runner, i was able to use a huge ported box that (now) obviously gave extra depth to these 5 1/4's. they sounded amazing! now, though, b/c my box is currently inadequate AND the trunk is sealed up so nicely, i'm hearing the treble in the spks and not the mid, etc. I'm thinking of going with diamonds or mb 216's.

as for the fit, i had to do very little mods to the doors, but i don't think you're interested in that, since they're 5 1/4..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts