BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a mustang and I used tunerpro to make reflash the ecu for performance with an elmscan 5 usb to OBD2 connector. I now have a BMW and I was wondering if there is a tuner pro type software for ECU tuning for the BMW?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
not that i know if i met one kid who claims he can tune any e46 hes got a m3

the most common is a shark injector for your car

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it basically reflashes the car for 300 bucks, and then thats it? man i was hoping there was some sort of tuning software like TunerPro for BMW. what software do tuners use? like if you take it to a shop?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Most shops can't tune these cars and there are only a hand full of aftermarket vendors that provide this capability. Welcome to BMW. :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most shops can't tune these cars and there are only a hand full of aftermarket vendors that provide this capability. Welcome to BMW. :)
are there any in dallas?

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
the makers of shark injector have been working on a software that will allow you to tune your own car...thats been going on for a few years...nobody knows when its coming out...or if it even is :dunno:

the bmw tunning industry is just one big monopoly sausage fest.....unlike the mustang

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about the Dinan performance tune software thing? the website doesnt really give a lot of info about what it is.....

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
what about the Dinan performance tune software thing? the website doesnt really give a lot of info about what it is.....
Same as everything else, software in a can. Can't even install/unistall it yourself as with the Shark. Must be done by a Dinan dealer.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same as everything else, software in a can. Can't even install/unistall it yourself as with the Shark. Must be done by a Dinan dealer.
there are lots of hot e46s on the road.......... i am really shocked at the lack of aftermarket chip selections/support.... i am not saying i was looking for free software like tuner pro but to have no software at all.....

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
there are lots of hot e46s on the road.......... i am really shocked at the lack of aftermarket chip selections/support.... i am not saying i was looking for free software like tuner pro but to have no software at all.....
No, nothing user tuneable at the moment.

Honestly, even the pros aren't getting more than a few hp out of these motors even with an intake and exhaust so it really isn't that big of a loss for the NA folks. It is, however, a bit more of a loss for those wishing to piece together their own FI system.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
absolutly. but i had my mustang chipped and with 2 setting stored. when i reflash to perfromance settings it was a different beast all together. and I was hoping to get that with the BMW.

ohhh well...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I wish the BMW community had something like open source. That would pretty much blow the top off of BMW F/I.

·
Registered
33,143 Posts
You could try a Moristech Pro Sequential Interceptor. I believe this is what pei330ci uses on his engine.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts