E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about blue to match the Roundel...
Mine are red because on my interior...
i think blue might look tacky and i was thinking red cuz thats the traditional color that we've always gone but on a white car i dont think it would look good unless i blacked it out, i was thinking black calipers just idk if any1 would even notice

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
OP - No need to create a billion threads, you can cover most of these questions in one

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
im new and im coming up with the questions from other posts that im reading
:search:

No worries, not trying to be rude, buy you can find a lot of information by searching

Most people will say red is lame, and I agree, unless you are getting a BBK like you mentioned, then a bright color to bring out the size of the calipers would work. I'll be painting mine gloss black soon myself

Just my two cents though

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:search:

No worries, not trying to be rude, buy you can find a lot of information by searching

Most people will say red is lame, and I agree, unless you are getting a BBK like you mentioned, then a bright color to bring out the size of the calipers would work. I'll be painting mine gloss black soon myself

Just my two cents though
u should post pics of it with ur rim on i'd like to see what black comes out like:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
u should post pics of it with ur rim on i'd like to see what black comes out like:thumbup:
I've had the caliper paint kit sitting in my living room for over a month lol Not a huge priority for me right now, but there are tons of photographs with different colors if you search the showroom :thumbsup:

I'd go with the G2 Caliper Paint Kit, found it on ebay for about $30

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,776 Posts
im new and im coming up with the questions from other posts that im reading
Just be careful, OP, if you're reading a lot and the question you come up with is 'what color calipers' I'm afraid you haven't been reading the right stuff.

Anyway, mine are pink and I get compliments on them all the time...like literally all the time. I'm not ghey...I'm not and I don't have anything but love and admiration for them too...but I just picked pink coz I was bored. Also, mine is a rather serious pink...just a hint of metallic flakes from leftover Barsleaks and just a touch of 'fern green' as a nice undertone to blend with my car's color. Seriously, though, if I was single, I can't tell you how many nice women comment on my calipers.

If you like the thought of women bothering you, I used HD's exterior semi-gloss with built in primer...it was called Albgheydrew pink. It hasn't held up well at all, being housepaint an all, but the ladies still notice the color that was there...and that's the important thing.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
i already have red from my brother doing his and its reusable and we have pink hahahah from his girlfriend painting her xterras calipers pink
Please don't do red on the stock calipers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just be careful, OP, if you're reading a lot and the question you come up with is 'what color calipers' I'm afraid you haven't been reading the right stuff.

Anyway, mine are pink and I get compliments on them all the time...like literally all the time. I'm not ghey...I'm not and I don't have anything but love and admiration for them too...but I just picked pink coz I was bored. Also, mine is a rather serious pink...just a hint of metallic flakes from leftover Barsleaks and just a touch of 'fern green' as a nice undertone to blend with my car's color. Seriously, though, if I was single, I can't tell you how many nice women comment on my calipers.

If you like the thought of women bothering you, I used HD's exterior semi-gloss with built in primer...it was called Albgheydrew pink. It hasn't held up well at all, being housepaint an all, but the ladies still notice the color that was there...and that's the important thing.
i think being a 16 yr old with a 330ci when everyone else at my highschool drives POS ill have that girl problem solved already hahaha:woot: but i dont think i would ever do pink

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,776 Posts
i think being a 16 yr old with a 330ci when everyone else at my highschool drives POS ill have that girl problem solved already hahaha:woot: but i dont think i would ever do pink
Pink would be even better for you. If you want girls to be attracted to you because of the things you own, rather than who you are, I think that strategy will backfire on you someday. The pink accelerates the learning process...only the girls that like 'you' would be caught driving in it. Perfect plan every which way I look at it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thumbup:
Pink would be even better for you. If you want girls to be attracted to you because of the things you own, rather than who you are, I think that strategy will backfire on you someday. The pink accelerates the learning process...only the girls that like 'you' would be caught driving in it. Perfect plan every which way I look at it.
that's not what i meant by it i meant a girl would rather ride in an '06 BMW than a '96 Corolla with food thrown everywhere with all the speakers busted out.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
:facepalm:

if you don't have the cash to back up your "balla" status at high school, the women will quickly flock away from you

·
Registered
12,203 Posts

that's not what i meant by it i meant a girl would rather ride in an '06 BMW than a '96 Corolla with food thrown everywhere with all the speakers busted out.
someday you might learn that a girl would rather walk a mile with a gentleman than ride in a brand new bugatti with an a$$hat. Or at least any girl that is worth spending time with.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
as an AW owner, I'v done a few differnt colors I wansn't proud of in the end.

Trust me, just do black or silver if they are stock.

anything else is trying too hard and thus, very lame.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,776 Posts

I understand pink isn't for every bmw owner. It takes great confidence to pull it off, especially coz it looks so bad...but you have to set priorities!

Just joking OP, my calipers are unpainted and rusting in the front coz they're new remanned ones.

You don't need to do anything with your calipers at all...nothing. Don't put a highlight on the car hiding behind the wheel...it's a bmw...the art is the car, not its brakes...don't detract from it. Spend your time under hood and on suspension and on things the car needs...but which you just don't about yet. Keep reading...and keep out of the 'color' threads until you've gotten all your maintenance taken care of...and I guarantee you you're behind the curve already.

You've got all your fluids to change and probably some suspension items that need attending to...

As I said, priorities!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts