E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently in the morning when I'm leaving to go to school my car stalls out! What happens is I press on the gas peddle and it goes, the battery light turns red when it stalls. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
I have some questions for you.

How old are you?

Have you purchased the VeePeak interface on Amazon?

Have you READ any thread links you have been provided?

Have you smoke tested the intake and crankcase air path?

Have you repaired the DISA?

What have you done to help yourself with these problems?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some questions for you.

How old are you?

Have you purchased the VeePeak interface on Amazon?

Have you READ any thread links you have been provided?

Have you smoke tested the intake and crankcase air path?

Have you repaired the DISA?

What have you done to help yourself with these problems?
I'm 18. I didn't purchase the interface. I've read the links that have been provided for me. I smoke tested my car with the result of no smoke leaking anywhere and I have repaired my disa

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
I expected you to be youngster.

I cannot believe there are no vacuum leaks on your engine, there is not an E46 on the road with originals plastic and rubber parts under the hood that does not have vacuum leaks.

Without the VeePeak interface you cannot gather the data and provide the information that you need to get help.

You have 2 choices:

Buy the VeePeak interface which you were told to do weeks ago, then buy the OBDFusion App and gather data so you can get help.

Or you can buy a new MAF and fuel pump for about $350 and then hope it fixes your problems, then when it doesn't you replace all the plastic and rubber parts that you should have in the first place.

You have been on the forum 3 weeks and you have had pretty much the same complaints since day one.

Help yourself and others, spend less than $20 and get the VeePeak interface, NOW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I expected you to be youngster.

I cannot believe there are no vacuum leaks on your engine, there is not an E46 on the road with originals plastic and rubber parts under the hood that does not have vacuum leaks.

Without the VeePeak interface you cannot gather the data and provide the information that you need to get help.

You have 2 choices:

Buy the VeePeak interface which you were told to do weeks ago, then buy the OBDFusion App and gather data so you can get help.

Or you can buy a new MAF and fuel pump for about $350 and then hope it fixes your problems, then when it doesn't you replace all the plastic and rubber parts that you should have in the first place.

You have been on the forum 3 weeks and you have had pretty much the same complaints since day one.
Help yourself and others, spend less than $20 and get the VeePeak interface, NOW.
I'm so sorry I should have just listened to you from the start and made your job a lot easier :( but before I buy it can you tell me how the veepeak will be better than my wired obd2 reader? Thank you

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
I can guarantee your wired OBDII tool does not have the ability to Log data and generate a Summary Report that will allow you with a few clicks of a mouse to share the data.

I would also guess if the OBDII tool is really cheap tool, it does not support Live/Realtime data, Freeze Frame or provide Emission Readiness Monitor status. What is the make and model of your current OBDII tool?

What phone/tablet platform do you use? Android or iProduct?

See the graphs in this post, this was gathered by the end user and I was able to tell them exactly how bad their Pre-cat O2 sensors were, you can see a before and after performance difference in the sensors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=17134261&postcount=149

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can guarantee your wired OBDII tool does not have the ability to Log data and generate a Summary Report that will allow you with a few clicks of a mouse to share the data.

I would also guess if the OBDII tool is really cheap tool, it does not support Live/Realtime data, Freeze Frame or provide Emission Readiness Monitor status. What is the make and model of your current OBDII tool?

What phone/tablet platform do you use? Android or iProduct?

See the graphs in this post, this was gathered by the end user and I was able to tell them exactly how bad their Pre-cat O2 sensors were, you can see a before and after performance difference in the sensors - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=17134261&postcount=149
Ok I got the Veepeak, now what?

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Read the PDF in this thread and follow the directions - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1097893
Jfoj I set everything up and tried doing the first test and of course my engine stalls out, it lasts for 30 seconds then goes. For the first 10 it's perfect but then there's a big clanking sound coming from the intake manifold. The car starts running very rough and dies

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
By clanking, can you describe in more detail?

Did you remove the DISA by chance?

Is this an automatic or manual transmission car?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I think a good example of what the clanking noise sounds like is when you knock on a thick piece of wood. It makes the noise repeatedly with a 2-6 secs interval in between. The intake manifold is very shaky also, it's almost like it's going to fall off the engine ***55357;***56834; The disa is still in the engine and my car is an automatic

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
Hard to say without hearing the problem.

Are you saying the intake is ready to fall off or the intake air box?? 2 very different things.

Suggest you take pictures and recordings and post them.

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
CLASSIC case of you DID NOT get the ICV fully seated, trust me, you did not get the ICV fully seated in the grommet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Are you sure I only cleaned the icv yesterday and I was still having problems before I was actually thinking it was the CVV lines since it can make that noise and ive had an oil leak for a while. My car runs once I give it some gas but then again you're probably more experienced

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
The knocking noise is a MASSIVE vacuum leak.

If the engine DID NOT have the knocking noise before yesterday, time to get the ICV seated properly.

I understand it ran bad before, but if the knocking is new, there is an air leak. It could possibly be from the lower intake boot small hose as well.

If the lower intake boot has not been replaced along with the CCV and all hoses, they are LONG overdue. 10 years is all they are good for.

Smoke test the intake if you do not believe me.

Seems you have been a bit slow to catch on, so you need to find out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsgB9eBl58I

https://youtu.be/1sRZ5ves1DM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1115860

Cheap fluid transfer pump from your local auto parts store or Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ABN-Multi-Use...=1-1-spons&keywords=fluid+transfer+pump&psc=1

A few rubber gloves, rubber bands and some cheap mini cigars from our local gas station or convenience store.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The knocking noise isn't new and when I cleaned the icv yesterday I checked the boots and there were no cracks in them. I already smoked the car out and no smoke came out of anywhere.

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
There is an air leak somewhere, trust me.

Almost every one of these has been a problem with the ICV air circuit.

Most have been a leaking ICV at the grommet.

Suggest you RECHECK all your work and re-smoke test.

If you have the ability to read codes/Fuel Trims, get the data and post it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts