E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I replaced my front brake pads with Axxis pads. They have been working fine up until the last few weeks. Now that it is getting cold (ok, cool) here in Texas, I have noticed a problem.

Whenever it is raining outside, after driving on the highway for awhile, when I hit the brakes for the first time, I get around 30% stopping power. The pedal feels kinda soft. If I immediately lift my foot and press again, the pedal firms up and the brakes are back to full power.

The two things I am thinking are that either I have built up a water cushion under the pads that goes away after I push the first time OR the pads/disks get cold and the pads don't work very well cold.

The funny thing is that the brakes work fine when it is cold outside, but not wet. They work after the first push, so I don't think I have air in the lines. (I never disconnected the brake line when installing the pads in the first place, so there shouldn't be any air in there)

Its only when they are wet and when I haven't used the brakes for a little while (on the highway).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's water on your discs,no worry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts