E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the GruppeM intake really worth $500 more than the typical cold air intake? If so, why?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I do not own YET....but I have seen several in person, seen several dyno tests of them, and driving cars with it in...and I cant say enough about it...its 2nd to come on my upcoming mods list

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other post was fine, but didn't really tell me if it was that much better than other CAI's which can be had for about $250.

BFP sponsors this site and looks pretty good for the price at only $175. So why spend $700 for a filter? Just wondering if it's really worth it.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
From what I hear its pretty good and there was a post awhile ago w/ some dyno charts in which the GruppeM beat the Dinan CAI....Good Luck w/ your decision!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
$140 for fanatics. I was wondering the same thing. Is the groupe M so much better that you can justify the huge difference? I will give you that it does look f*cking awesome but is the performance that much better than the Ben Fer?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I wouldnt get another intake, period. I know the GruppeM is a lot more, but once you feel, hear, and see it in person, you will know right away you made the right choice.

Just do it

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have been looking and looking where can I find a distributor that sells the GruppeM intake for a 330ci? I have been reading the pos remarks from all bmw owners on all types of forums. I am kinda new to the pages here can anyone help?

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
Adam330ci said:
I have been looking and looking where can I find a distributor that sells the GruppeM intake for a 330ci? I have been reading the pos remarks from all bmw owners on all types of forums. I am kinda new to the pages here can anyone help?
www.renn-sport.net

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
DropTopBM said:
I wouldnt get another intake, period. I know the GruppeM is a lot more, but once you feel, hear, and see it in person, you will know right away you made the right choice.

Just do it
DroptopBM is sponsered by Nike!!

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Are there any sound clips out there of it?
vroom vroom!!

didnt Ultimateone show a clip of his ride with GruppeM, from both the inside while driving, and coming down the street??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Obviously people love the GruppeM, but has anybody tried the BFP intake. For only $140, sounds pretty good to me cause I need money for new tires right now!

·
Registered
373 Posts
There were benfer dynos just a while back - do a search.

BTW - the GruppeM is only $500 or so on a GB with Rennsport - see if Samir's got another coming up.

I've got mine - will install once the break-in period is over.

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,390 Posts
bmwti said:
didnt Ultimateone show a clip of his ride with GruppeM, from both the inside while driving, and coming down the street??
Yes even with the wndows up its sounds nuts! search:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts