E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the air intake on the 323i more efficient then replacing it with a 3" pipe and a high performance filter? It looks like sucking the air out of a huge box instead of a pipe seems worse or am I missing something. Will it improve my performance on a 2000? This morning the ignition cranked for like 4 seconds turning on the service engine light again! Please help.

·
Shifting
31,670 Posts
You will not gain any performance (you might even lose some). For E46's the stock intake is the best option so stick with that unless you want noise.

Did you scan the car to see what codes were triggered with the light? We need to know to help. Do the maintenance on the car first before modding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The most effective intake is a tube style intake, like the original Dinan CF tube. Brady made an additional 7whp over his modified stock airbox intake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool! Thanks! I have been discovering how good the stock parts are at doing what they are supposed to do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts