BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a minimum wage making , college students that's broke as **** and needs coilovers for my 328ci 2000 . I need something cheap and something that won't break after a year of owning them . Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I think you WANT coilovers. I doubt you NEED them lol

·
Registered
948 Posts
Whats the most youll spend. Function and form type 2, bc racing, broadway static and popular in the drift scene near me. And kw, and bilstein are popular in the competitve race scene near me

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
4,943 Posts
I'm a minimum wage making , college students that's broke as **** and needs coilovers for my 328ci 2000 . I need something cheap and something that won't break after a year of owning them . Any and all help is appreciated.
As everyone has said, you need to understand the difference between wants and needs. You'll be happier.

If you're on a budget, all you're going to get is crap coilovers. If you just want to slam your car, any POS will do (because handling will be crap anyway). If you care about either ride or handling or both, you don't want budget coilovers.

As a broke college kid (it's been many many years for me, but I still remember what it's like), you'd probably be better off getting good dampers (struts and shocks) such as Koni STRt or FSD, assuming your current dampers are shot already. If you want to go lower, get Eibach ProKits or similar.

Being in Massachusetts you're likely drivig the car year round and the previous owner probably did as well, so you have WAY more important priorities than coilovers, especially cheap ones. I'm neither your father nor your conscience, so I'm just giving advice. You had to decide what is most important/makes sense.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't lower your car with a nonexistent budget, the outcome will be poor and probably unsafe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts