BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to run spacers with with my factory wheels? or should I just buy springs/shocks...I have the oem 18s and 19s.

Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you are slamming it, any kit can rub at extremes. The whole purpose of coilovers is handling and weight tuning... not slamming it to the ground. Proper ride height, rake, and balancing will not rub with stock wheels and stock tire sizes.

·
OG - Mods On Hold
600 Posts
You can run the factory 18s without any problems. You don't need spacers. I had the factory 18s on mine when I first lowered it with H&R Coilovers. No spacers and no problems.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wonderin because the H&R website says you need spacers to run the stock wheels.

Thanks again!
Colin

·
Registered
356 Posts
Depends on the coilover and the offset of your wheel

·
Registered
88 Posts
My car is full drop in the rear (to compensate for the high e46 roll center) and not far from the bottom in front with a TC Kline/Koni race coil kit, bushings replaced with GC spherical bearings on all locations, etc. With track camber and toe settings (very aggressive) and I can still run 275 Hoosiers (which are wide to begin with) on 10 inch BBS on all 4 corners with no rub. My HRE 19 inch street rims certainly don't rub and the factory 18 inch wheels don't rub either.

I would recommend against spacers. All things being equal they are bad for your suspension because they increase scrub radius.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts