Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2001 325i sedan
18 inch M5 rims
OEM M3 rear Lip
OEM M3 front Bumper

Well i been researching for the pass 2 weeks in webpages and forums, i have come to a conclusion of 4 brands of coilovers that i well like to get. This are the best prices that i have got.

KWv2 $1225
FK Konigsport $1034
PSS9 $1299
H&R $1035

If any of you in this forum can find me a better price in any of this items let me know, well i just wanted to break them down and by doing that is with people that have them or know about any of this coilover can help me pick which are the best for Quality and performace for my car.

:banghead:

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Damn you've got some great prices there...imo i'd go with the KW's or the FK's, i'd take a Koni shock over a bilstein anyday. I personally have FK's and love em but shiet your gettin em for less than i paid and i got em at supposed cost 2.5 yrs ago.. :thumbup:

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
994 Posts
Which of those offers the greatest range of dampening? I mean I'm either gonna want it really soft or really hard, I dont care too much about in-between..... Anyone?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx Craig well yeah i been doing research all this days and calling stores thats the best i can get, i have read around that is kind of hard to adjust the stiffness with the FKs. what you think and in the pictures of your car is all the way down is slamm... nice

·
4,106 Posts
The H&R is very firm from what i've seen great for the twisties but a bit rough on the ass. I've heard the PSS systems are very comfy but i can only personally attest to the kits that use Koni and i have to say i have no complaints, as low as my car sits it doesn't ride rough at all..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stiffness of the coils you just do it ones at a range that you like it and never touch it again right, then all i have to mess around is with the height when ever i want it up or down right.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Craig... why so quick to put down Bilsteins? They are great shocks. Their durability over a koni has been shown numerous times by racers. Take a look at club racers and you won't see many koni's if any at all. I have been using a set of sports for six years now on my track car. Plus you can't beat a lifetime warranty. :) Anyhow just my 2 cents. Flame suit on.....

As far as coil overs go, I say ground control if you going to be messing with it all the time. You can get the adjustable shocks and swapping spring rates is realatively simple. If you are not going to mess with it, I am sure any of the four mentioned above will work well for a street car.

·
4,106 Posts
Nah man no need for a flame suit as i said i'm just posting my experiences. I'm simply not a fan of Bilstein thats not to say they don't work for you or anyone else. Through the years i've had a great deal of success running Koni's and at the same time i've seen friends and others on here do nothing but complain about bilsteins so much so that i won a full set a few years ago and sold em the next day. But it goes full circle everyone thinks what they have is best and if it works for you so be it!! :thumbup:

... by the way i agree about ground control but only if you intend to track your ride, again just my opinion!!

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,483 Posts
Just FYI...I bought some PSS9's from rennsport for 1185 + tax and shipping which in the end came out to 1300...so I think you can go better on those pss9's...that 1299 should be at least shipped and after taxes...

I will get these on soon and tell you how I like them. I bought the PSS9's over the KW's because they are easier to adjust both in height and dampening which is very important to me. I've also heard nothing but praise for bilstein quality...Although you can't really go wrong with either KW's or PSS9's...

·
Registered
168 Posts
man, [email protected] quoted me KW V2 for $1550

PSS9 are $1195

What do you think? Which are better? I am mostly concerned with how rough the ride is. I dont want my ass to hurt. I like my stock ride right now. Juyst need to lower

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just finished talking to sam right now, and he told me that the pss9 are backed order for a couple weeks. so he told me i wont go wrong with the KWs or the FKs. i can get any of you the Fk just like the KWs for the price in top i think i most probably go with does heard a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got it from the special that they are haveing in Renn sports
go to there webpage and hit specials.

and the FKs from supremepowerparts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
gotta, love the bilsteins, I bought a set of pss9's off the net for $500, sent them to bilstein. they warranty them, gave me two brand new fronts and rebuilt the rears, basically I got a brand new set with warranty for $500, one week turnaround.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i am going to get the FK Konigsport there just like the KWs v2 i been doing a lot of search and they are really good life warranty and everything and they have a good deal for them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know thats what alot of people buy, but i been reading a lot of magazines from europe and trust me the fks go way back are a one of a kind coilovers and pss9 are backorder for now. KWs are really good too but your just going to pay more for nothing you could just get the FKs for a lot less. and they come with KONI double ajdusment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts