BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i have attempted to fit some Raceland coilovers to my 2004 e46 coupe. The rears was simple but the fronts not so. it appears that the stock drop links are too long for the suspension strut?, do i need some adjustable drop links or is the coilover kit the wrong?

if needed adjustable drop links then surely it should have stated that in the advert or come with them as a full suspension kit?

please help

Thanks

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Yea, you more than likely need a set of adjustable sway bar end-links. Most kits come with them as a package when you order your suspension.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i simply fit a set of shorter links from another car, for example they need to be 2" shorter, so get a pair off another car that are same design but 2" shorter than the stock e46?

or, if its gotta be adjustables only, do they need a professional set up?

thanks

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
not my field of specialty, but i can i good job on choosing coilovers

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am asking because a buddy of mine told me that somebody in the vortex forum was recomending it... I'm skeptical about the price, but he asked me if anybody here had it installed... So if its true what they say about good quality at a good price I might try it...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Oh yes and my racing friend/mechanic who has built 50+ BMW race cars lol'd when I sent him the link and declared he wouldn't put those on his lawnmower.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts