BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you read this then you know I most likley messed up a rear shock in my car. I have been looking at getting coilovers for a while now. Im mainly focused on the KW V2 or V3's. Should I cut bait and just get it now that my RR shock is messed up?

AdamR

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
i

think u should really ask yourself if the v3's are worth the price difference fo what it does.......call them up 888-530-1433, nice people

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I am terribly sorry about ur car. You do not want the Variant 3's for your car.... It's use is for the track. The best coilovers money can buy for a street car & occasional track/autoX are KW Varaint 2 Coilovers. Put the additional money to aftermarket sway bars

Good luck w/ the car and i hope all goes well

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Have you driven in an M3 with aftermarket Coilovers? That's where I would start, THEN adjust which set you want to get based on what you felt you liked and what you felt you didn't like.

Chip-

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
I just installed my KW v.2's and I'm VERY happy with the setup! The install was really easy too. :D

...didn't even need a spring compressor to put the new setup on my car.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carguy : I have never been in an M w/ KW V3s but I have been in race cars before. That is the feeling that I like and I dont mind sacrificing ride quality.

AdamR

·
Registered
961 Posts
Being in a race car probably means that it was on the track. If you bring that car onto the streets then it's a different ballgame. Race tracks are generally nice and smooth while city streets are full of crap. Carguy is right, find someone with it first then decide.

digitalgm said:
carguy : I have never been in an M w/ KW V3s but I have been in race cars before. That is the feeling that I like and I dont mind sacrificing ride quality.

AdamR

·
Modded
1,162 Posts
Get the KW coilover

I have one in my car, and I have nothing but satisfaction.
The drop is good, the ride is awesome, and besides coilover makes your M3 looks even more badass! :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts