Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coilovers are for wimps, go with Dinan stg 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before anyone starts in that I didnt search the forum let me tell you I did (and I still am searching). Here is some of what I have found, please correct em where needed :thumbup:.

I finally have the funds to get my suspension taken care of. I really want to go with coilovers for the best performance. I'm tossing a few companies around. Mainly H&R, Bilstein PSS9's, and KW variant 2's. From the searching I have done I am probably leaning toward the Bilstein or KW's. Overall those who have these feel the performance was greatly improved while much of the stock ride quality was retained.

If anyone has had the chance to try more than one of these which would you say has the best ride feeling for comfort? I dont have the sport suspension but definitly want something that rides firmer than stock. I just feel that I am bouncing around too much some times.

Are there any clearance issues with any of these? I found some vague infor on clearance problems with the PSS9's and something about not using the Pss9's rear perch :dunno:

I am planning on running 19x9's in the future, do you think rubbing will be a problem that would require rolling of the fender? Would I have any issues running on stock 16's with a coilover setup (other than the car looking a little lower than it probably should be)?

Prices throught Renn-sport are pretty similar(relatively) so price isnt too important:
K&W v2: $1,359.00
PSS9: $1,299.00
H&R: $1,495.00

One final choice I have is to go with the Dinan stage 1 suspension and I can get my Dinan badge(I can also get it a few other ways) but I think coilovers would be the better option. Suggestions :dunno:?

Anyways help me choose my suspension and have a happy thanksgiving. Feel free to post links to any forum threads that might help me out :thumbup:

·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I'm thinking about it wasnt there a GB going on for the KW variant 2's a little while back? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
Yep, there were 3 KW group buys before. Perhaps get enough people and there will be another. :D

·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One can hope right? :thumbup:
Looks like the KW ares winning the poll and from the research I've been doing over the last couple days those are probably what I'll be going with.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for another KW v.2 GB to pop up ;)

·
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'll be going with the KW's with the info I have researched. I'm hoping another GB comes around soon.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Here is my input...

GhostRider said:
Looks like I'll be going with the KW's with the info I have researched. I'm hoping another GB comes around soon.
I've owned all 3 of the suspensions you're considering...unfortunately I was a bit wishy-washy on my decision process and the H&R and PSS9 coils never made it on my car. However, I did get a chance to see firsthand the materials and contruction of the products.

I have a set of KW v.2 ready to go on my car. I just need to find a free day to do the install.

I'd have to say the H&R and KW are probably the better constructed suspensions compared to the PSS9's. However, the H&R setup doesn't include adjustable dampening so you're stuck with whatever ride quailty that results.

The KW kit appears to be the most complete because it comes with a spanner wrench and new front sway bar linkages.

BTW, the PSS9 setup only had rear axle clearance issues with some 330's.

Good luck on your selection. :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts