E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
booo for body roll.
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you take ur car to a shop to get your coils installed. how does the shop know how many lbs to torque the bolts to and etc? do they have a book with all the specs in it, or is the torque number a universal number?

sorry for the lame post, i was just thinking random thoughts..

btw- would u ever take ur car to midas? my friend works there and i don't know but i was thikning about it. outside the shop, they have a 2002 porsche carrera getting fixed, a roush cougar getting fixed so i'm thinknig they gotta be aight? :dunno:

maybe i'll just DIY when the time comes. who wants to drive down to richmond to help me!

·
www.my330i.com
1,906 Posts
Most just wrench it down tight...

I've never seen a resource for fastener torque values for multiple vehicles. Only each respective service manual for each manufacturer, which would get prohibitively expensive.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
The more I think about it the more I plan on doing the DIY with my coilovers. I think I have all the resources to do this I just need some patience and some tips from other forum members. I think I'll be using the DIY from www.my330i.com alot in trying to get things running properly.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts