E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as soon as finished my fcabs, and put the wheels back on, started the engine to give er a test drive, the SES illuminated..

the codes are

p0441 Emmissions Evap Purge Leak detected
p0421 Secondary Air Pump Low Flow Detected Bank 1
p0423 Secondary Air Pump Low Flow Detected Bank 2

^^ the wording may be slightly in incorect form.^^

I have not noticed any symptoms what so ever, and yes, I have looked on about cleaning the valve and checking the relay. (will do in a short bit)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
they are not caused by your FCABs.
check your gas tank cap is loose or not?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just bad timing heh

I sprayed carb cleaner in the "silver canister valve" and cleared the codes, so far nothing in 25miles..
But i think the code would only pop up on a cold start, could be wrong tho.. Iam pretty sure the light has popped on during driving.

As for the gas cap.. It is a no fit, I have to jam it in, even tho its for the 323ci (apprently)
^no clicking in the cap.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
just bad timing heh

I sprayed carb cleaner in the "silver canister valve" and cleared the codes, so far nothing in 25miles..
But i think the code would only pop up on a cold start, could be wrong tho.. Iam pretty sure the light has popped on during driving.

As for the gas cap.. It is a no fit, I have to jam it in, even tho its for the 323ci (apprently)
^no clicking in the cap.
BMW caps dont click. you just put in and twist maybe 1/8 of turn till snug.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My gem cap on my 325 did click, and all the writing on it was german since it was eurospec. But my 330 has a aftermarket one and it does not click

1 - 6 of 6 Posts