E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car not ruining great rought idle, ruff start and code p0335. I changed that sensor and the check engine is still on. The idle is the most terible when A/C and/or defrost is on. Someone got this issu and solved it. Sorry for my english i speak french :p

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
Do not worry, your English is better than my French.

What brand crank sensor did you use?

How much did it cost and where did you purchase it?

Can you read the warm idle Fuel Trim values and post this information?

Also can you post any Freeze Frame data?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my sensor at a part shop i always buy my part there and i paid 50$ and you wanna know at which idle it stay normally ?

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
The problem with non OEM sensors and these German cars they can often be problems. It is always best to use the OEM sensor manufacturer Siemens/VDO which I believe is the OEM supplier and I believe these would be a bit more than what you paid for your sensor.

Cannot say this is the exact problem why you are still getting the crank sensor error, but I would gather this may be part of the issue.

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
I helped a guy change the crank position sensor on his E39 with an M54 engine. It ran rough after the swap (yes, it was an oem sensor). He shut the engine off and I cleared the codes with my trusty Peake reader. The engine ran smoothly on restart. I guess the ECU thought since the cps error hadn't been cleared it would ignore the cps data.

OP, have the error cleared and then restart the engine. And yes, make sure you install an oem sensor.

Je ai aidé un gars changer le capteur de position de manivelle sur son E39 avec un moteur M54. Il a couru après la rugueuse swap (oui, ce était un capteur OEM). Il éteignez le moteur et je effacé les codes avec mon fidèle lecteur Peake. Le moteur a fonctionné sans heurts au redémarrage. Je suppose que l'ECU pensé puisque l'erreur cps ne avait pas été autorisé il serait ignorer les données cps.

OP, ont effacé l'erreur, puis redémarrer le moteur. Et oui, assurez-vous d'installer un capteur oem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to know if someone know if there aek other problem that can cause a p0335 code or if someone solved is problem by putting a oem crankshaft sensor. I reset my check engine yerterday again thant a droved this mornig to school same issu for de idle and check engine was off maybe he will pop when i will restart the car.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Non OEM sensors are known to be unreliable, so if the code comes back, your first step should be to install an OEM sensor.

Other causes for that code are improper installation of the sensor, wiring, or electrical issues. Those are not common though.

If the code won't come back, but the idle continues to be rough, there is another problem that needs trouble shooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sensor i put was just install badly, i uninstall it and i saw that the o-ring was crush on one side.

Sorry for my english ahah

1 - 14 of 14 Posts