BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a job offer with my Engineering/CM firm on site in Greeley. I guess my whole reason for starting this thread is to get an idea of what the area is like and what track is close. Right now I'm about an hour from Heartland Park, I would hate to be further away from a track then an hour.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I live in Greeley, I hate living here. I go to University of Northern Colorado so right now I don't really have a choice on moving, in one year tho Im out! But thats coming from student in my early 20's. I spend my weekends in the mountains usually, spirited driving to go mountain biking is pretty awesome.

Closest track would be HPR (High plains raceway) 2 hour drive. I have not personally been there, but they have open lapping days. I know a lot of guys from the Mtn. section of r3vlimited make it out there often.

·
Banned
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Greeley, I hate living here. I go to University of Northern Colorado so right now I don't really have a choice on moving, in one year tho Im out! But thats coming from student in my early 20's. I spend my weekends in the mountains usually, spirited driving to go mountain biking is pretty awesome.

Closest track would be HPR (High plains raceway) 2 hour drive. I have not personally been there, but they have open lapping days. I know a lot of guys from the Mtn. section of r3vlimited make it out there often.
Yeah that's what I've kinda read, Greeley seems a bit to small for me. Looks like if I take the job I will stay close to Denver and live in a Norht Suburb.

HPR looks good, I've been watching some YouTube videos. Looks like a lot of elevation change and a long ass straight.

How the car seen around Denver as a whole?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wouldn't know about the car scene, I didn't have my e46 last year so I didn't attend anything my e30 at the time was just a winter beater. Not a whole lot of shows/events. Few mountain drives and BBQ's with forum members.

Commuting is a good idea, drive up on hwy 85 is good. i25 - hwy34 has a lot more traffic and always construction I feel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ft. Collins is not a bad commute to Greeley.Traffic is a bit heavy in FC but the roads here are great, well cared for.
I recently moved here from Denver, needed change lived in Denver over forty years. Folks here are very cool, always willing to lend hand to anyone needs one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts