BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...

I have 3100 miles on my 2003 M3 and starting yesterday, I feel a temendous amount of vibration on my clutch pedal while i'm driving. It seems to get worse as the engine is reving harder.

Whenever I'm in gear, and I barely touch my clutch pedal, it shakes enough to create like a "buzzing" sensation though my shoe to my foot!!

Is my clutch broken?? I can still get it into and out of gear easily..... so any idea what is wrong? My car didnt' do that before yesterday... :tsk: :tsk:

Thanks.

·
Law Enforcer
2,475 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Have you taken it to the dealer? I haven't experienced that!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yikes! That's not a good sign.

My salesman at the dealer told me never to keep my foot on the clutch pedal if I'm not shifting, I could partially depress the clutch unintentionally , which would grind it and burn it up. He said that he's heard cases where people do that when driving on the highway and the clutch could burn up within 30 minutes..? :dunno:

·
Banned
106 Posts
Impulss said:
Hey everyone...

I have 3100 miles on my 2003 M3 and starting yesterday, I feel a temendous amount of vibration on my clutch pedal while i'm driving. It seems to get worse as the engine is reving harder.

Whenever I'm in gear, and I barely touch my clutch pedal, it shakes enough to create like a "buzzing" sensation though my shoe to my foot!!

Is my clutch broken?? I can still get it into and out of gear easily..... so any idea what is wrong? My car didnt' do that before yesterday... :tsk: :tsk:

Thanks.
My car does the same EXACT thing. Had 2 different dealers check it out and told me that in high revs it is normal. I began to think i was getting a crock of **** from them but after driving a 325CI, I noticed it did the same exact thing. I think its something we just have to live with :sad:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
Its the engien vibration from all teh revs, why does this scare you :rolleyes:

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't keep my foot on the clutch while driving (I put my foot on the dead pedal)... and it doesn't scare me...

I just know that it was perfectly smooth before (cuz i can tell when i put my foot on the clutch to shift) and all of a sudden, now the clutch pedal vibrates like crazy.

If it was something that the car should do, it should have done it from day 1 :dunno:

I don't mind taking it in, but I don't want them breaking my car more :sad:

Thanks guys! But my car will be going in this week! Hope it comes out okay and they don't take too long with it :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts