BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
99 323i my clutch is slipping while driving! Is there a way to adjust my clutch to get more life out of it, or do i need a new one?? I need some pointers if i am to buy a new clutch! Ok i understand now that my clutch is damn near completely out!!! Our clutches are self adjusting.. My next question what do i need to buy to change this out any pointers for a every day Baha BMW driver lol! Hey i live in Arkansas and do lots of donuts and burnouts, i really like my car tho!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I believe there is a DIY in the DIY forum for replacing the clutch but changing the clutch in a BMW is pretty involved and not an average DIY.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you're going oem with a self adjusting clutch, you'll need the clutch alignment tool that breaks down into two peices. Lots of extensions and wobble sockets will help.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
just dropping the drive line and the trannie right??
I believe there are 12 bots to separate the engine to bell housing - 3 are - from that I have read and seen diagrammed - very difficult to get to. When trying to separate - I think the starter pin catches a lot of people out as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts