E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 325xi and what i thought was the clutch going out or the pivot pin snapped turned out to be that the pivot pin just fell out of its hole. I bought a stainless steel replacement for my upgraded clutch but it fits just like the oem. i can put it all of the way in then pull it out with my fingers. It tight enough to make it look like it’s in properly but comes out with ease.
I was wondering what else I should do or if i should just go get a weld shop to weld it from the rear. Since i’m probably going to run this engine and trans setup for another year until i ls swap it.
What else should i do or should i go with the welding route?

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,388 Posts
It should fit snuggly. It also MUST go in all the way!
Suggest another brand pin. Unless you're using a modified clutch, the factory pin lasts at least a decade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should fit snuggly. It also MUST go in all the way!
Suggest another brand pin. Unless you're using a modified clutch, the factory pin lasts at least a decade.
[/QUOTE
Yeah i’m using a stiffer preformance clutch. Because I heard the nylon won’t last as long as steel if you go with higher stage clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.