BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that my clutch pedal seems to be a bit sticky on my 05 M3. Only on the way down, I sometimes encounter resistance as I'm pressing in the pedal. It's hard to describe the exact feeling, but it's a bit of a soft grind in some parts of the path from released to pressed in. This grind/resistance isn't present every time I press the pedal down, and sometimes if I push to the slight left or slight right (rather than fully straight down), it won't occur. It also seems to happen more if I haven't pressed the clutch in a few minutes (like while downshifting on the highway after cruising in 6th) Anyone have an idea of what this could be? Appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you can change it by pushing left or right on the pedal then likely the pedal bushing is either worn or needs lubrication.
If you change the bushing with the OE plastic bushing i would use only a thin film of non-detergent 30wt engine oil.
The BMW recommendation for lube doesn't last, tried that and silicone grease and synthetic engine oil, it starts squeaking in a few months.
If you have ever used non-detergent engine oil for anything it is difficult to wash off your hands due to the lack of detergent in it. Sticks very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts